Palestine part of conflict

September 2, at 2:

Palestine part of conflict

Watch on vimeo Turn off the lights Almost 30 years apart, John Pilger's two documentaries about Palestine carried the same title, Palestine is Still the Issue. His point was that, in the course of a generation, a great injustice remained unchanged and urgent.

His film described the flight and expulsion of almost a million Palestinians, who became refugees in their own land — at the creation of the state of Israel inthen as a result of the Six Day War in The loss of 78 per cent of land in meant that they could claim only the remaining 22 per cent, which was occupied by Israel.

They fought mainly with slingshots against tanks and planes during their first uprising, the intifada, and rose again and again.

Text of the Peel Commission Report

The curfews, controls, roadblocks and checkpoints governing their lives bear comparison with apartheid South Africa, says Pilger, who interviews both Palestinians and Israelis, making his report infinitely more powerful than if it had given voice simply to the oppressed. Indeed, the majority of his witnesses are Israeli.

The longest interview is one of the most revealing — with Dori Gold, an influential figure at the heart of Israeli power. A Palestinian talks about his sister, the first female suicide bomber, a year-old ambulance volunteer who had witnessed the deaths and wounding of people.

He is proud of her.

[BINGSNIPMIX-3

An Israeli father, Rami Elhanan, remembers his year-old daughter who was killed by a suicide bomb. The suicide bomber was a victim, the same as my girl was. He passes through a military checkpoint and along a road bordered by electrified barbed wire, which was built for the sole use of Jewish settlers and Israeli soldiers — a striking emblem of apartheid, he says — before discovering the surreal spectacle of what appears to be a quiet middle-class suburb, complete with houses with satellite dishes on neat, tree-lined roads.

An orchestrated Zionist-run campaign was mounted against Palestine is Still the Issue, mainly in the United States by groups who had not seen the film.

Help the Palestine Chronicle Build a Movement of Truth

Pilger and his family received death threats. Palestine is Still the Issue won a number of international awards.Palestine is an area rich in history that is considered the home of both Judaism and Christianity.

Palestine part of conflict

It is a history that begins more than million years ago where remains found . The primary approach to solving the conflict today is a so-called "two-state solution" that would establish Palestine as an independent state in Gaza and most of the West Bank, leaving the rest of.

Palestine Facts is dedicated to providing comprehensive and accurate information regarding the historical, military, and political background to the on-going struggle between the State of Israel and the Palestinian Arabs.

The long read: The possibility of a lasting deal seems as far away as ever – and the history of failed negotiations suggests it’s largely because Israel prefers the status quo. Q: What is the struggle between israel and the palestinians about?

The violence between Israelis and Palestinians is often falsely presented as a conflict between two equal sides with irreconcilable claims to one piece of land.

In reality, this is a conflict over territory between a nation-state. The Rise of Zionism - Jews had never stopped coming to "the Holy land" or Palestine in small numbers throughout the timberdesignmag.comine also remained the center of Jewish worship and a part of Jewish culture.

Palestine part of conflict

However, the Jewish connection with the land was mostly abstract and connected with dreams of messianic redemption.

Palestine | History, People, & Religion | timberdesignmag.com